290 West Ave
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
For over 150 years, the YMCA has evolved and grown with the community. We draw our strength from the community as we seek to meet its needs. In 1866, our mission was to provide a Christian environment to young men where their minds and spirits could grow. As the 20th century dawned we had moved to Broadway and erected a state-of-the art facility that included a gymnasium, pool, bowling alleys, and resident dormitories. The philosophy of the YMCA became “Muscular Christianity” in which the body is just as important as the mind and spirit. By the time the 20th century had closed, we had expanded our boundaries to include facilities in Wilton, Corinth and Malta serving all who wish to take part in what the Y has to offer.
Today our focus is on physical fitness, obesity, youth, teen and childcare programs, including before and after school care for the children of working parents. As the needs and demands of our community change in future generations, the Saratoga Regional YMCA will be there to serve you in new and changing ways.
For more information, please view our 2016 Annual Report.
Board of Directors
Alysa Arnold, President
Richard Schumaker, Vice President
Sue Commanda, Treasurer
James Cox, Secretary
George “Skip” Carlson
Board of Trustees
Timothy Provost, Chair
James Hill, Vice Chair/Treasurer
Nancy Lester, Emerita