100 Saratoga Village Blvd. #28
Malta, NY 12020
ENSURE A BRIGHTER FUTURE
With so many demands on today’s families and the increased focus on early brain development, families need all the support they can get to nurture the potential of our youth. That’s why the Malta Childcare program at the Saratoga Regional YMCA focuses on holistically nurturing child development by providing a safe and healthy place to learn foundational skills, develop healthy and trusting relationships, and build self-reliance through the Y core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
Malta Childcare is a full-time day care center licensed by New York State Office of Family and Child Services for 75 children ages 6 weeks through 5 years old. Malta childcare is located immediately off exit 12 of I-87 in the Malta Commons Business Park. The center hours of operation from 6:30 am-6:00 pm Monday through Friday year round. Please refer to left side bar for reserved holidays that the center is closed.
Our developmentally appropriate curriculum fits the needs of children according to their age and developmental progress. We use a thematic approach to reading readiness, language, math, science, art, music, social studies, multi-cultural activities, health and nutrition, fitness, and social-emotional growth.
The Saratoga Regional YMCA promotes youth development and healthy living through various modalities. In addition to a large outdoor playground and indoor play space children ages 12 months-5 years old participate in Free Gym at the Malta Health and Wellness Center. Preschool children are provided with 14 weeks of swimming lessons, and KinderGym at no additional cost.
Please note that there is a waiting list for all classrooms. If interested in our childcare program, please contact Danielle Brooks at email@example.com or 518-583-4342, ext. 181.
- Individualized infant care
- Creative Curriculm (endorsed by New York State Office of Children and Family Services) is a comprehensive, developmentally appropriate curriculum focusing on all areas of child development including social/emotional, physical, cognitive, and language.
- Curriculum developed to specifically target kindergarten readiness skills in the preschool program.
- UPK (Universal PreK Program) for residents of the Ballston Spa School District funded partially by New York State with NYS certified teachers.
- All staff are CPR and First Aid certified
- Seasonal field trips and special guests in the classroom such as the local fire department, the dentist, and Santa.
- 14 weeks of swim lessons for 4 & 5 year olds
- KinderGym program for 3, 4, & 5 year olds
- Breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snack served daily
- Graduation ceremony for children moving on to kindergarten
- Monthly Parent’s Night Out (3rd Saturday of every month from 5:00-9:00 pm)
- Fundraising opportunities engaging children in social responsibility
- We are a Nut Free center.
We have an open door policy and we welcome parents to visit the center anytime throughout the day. A security code on the one entrance door of the building enables only appropriate individuals to enter at will. All others must ring a doorbell and show valid identification to be authorized in the building. Front door code is changed at various times throughout the year.
Particular care is taken to select staff who are not only caring and responsive to the young child, but who also enjoy the satisfaction of providing “excellence” in child care services and are motivated to help the Center grow. Every Malta Childcare employee is professionally screened (including child abuse registry, finger printing, references, physical, employment history, and child care training or education) before hiring and are well-supervised on the job. All employees are oriented to understand the mission of the Saratoga Regional YMCA and display the our Core Values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. On-going planning session, inservice training, goal writing, and evaluations provide for professional growth. The result is a level of care that your child deserves and parents can expect.
SCHEDULE A TOUR
The decision of who will care for your children while you are at work is a huge one. We encourage families to tour multiple centers (group daycare, home daycare, nanny) to get a true idea of the different types of childcare available to you. Please schedule a tour with us at Malta Childcare to see our facility, interact with our teachers, and experience our program first-hand. When scheduling a tour, please provide times and dates in which you are available. Please contact for more information.