The Saratoga Regional YMCA is committed to making sure no one is denied access to membership, services and/or programming due to their inability to pay.
The Saratoga Regional YMCA raises funds through its Annual Campaign to help provide revenue for our scholarship program. In addition to our fundraising activities, grant writing efforts help to create enough resources to meet the needs of a large number of individuals, children and families in our community.
The number of scholarships awarded each year is based on the pool of resources that is contributed by individuals, families, organizations and businesses within our community and grants that are awarded by governmental agencies. Scholarships can only be granted to the extent that it can be funded. All assistance is available based on demonstrated need without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, or physical or mental handicap.
Scholarships are awarded on a sliding fee scale and can be applied to a portion of the cost of the program. Scholarship determinations are based on household gross income and household size. Extenuating circumstances may be considered. For more information, contact Patti Laudicina, School-Age/Scholarship Director at email@example.com or 518-583-9622, ext. 110.
- Applicant must live or work in the YMCA service area.
- Scholarships are granted based on financial need resulting from low income or extenuating circumstances (ie-medical expenses, unemployment). Applicants are asked to pay for a portion of the fees, based on a sliding scale.
- Scholarships can be granted for one session of a program or for up to 6 months membership.
- Scholarships for Child Care and/or Summer Camp are awarded based on the needs of working parents. We may ask that you first attempt to secure assistance through the Department of Social Services Childcare Assistance (Saratoga County DSS Child Care phone number is 884-4283 or 884-4280).
When completing this application, please:
- Complete the entire application. Answer all questions fully.
- Provide the following proof of income for all members of the household (most recent paystub, most recent federal income tax return, Unemployment, Disability, SSI or Workers Comp Benefit Statement). Additional documentation may be requested by the YMCA.
- Turn in the application to the YMCA. Please make sure it is filled out completely. Incomplete applications will be returned and will delay the evaluation process.
All information submitted with this application will be kept confidential. Applications take approximately 14 days to be evaluated. We will notify you in writing of our determination. This application will be active for one year. You are responsible for bringing in any new information for re-evaluation if your financial situation changes within the year allotted. If you have any questions, please contact Patti Laudicina, School-Age/Scholarship Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-583-9622, ext. 110.
We look forward to serving you at the Saratoga Regional YMCA.