The Saratoga Regional YMCA is a cause-driven organization that is for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. As a nationally recognized non-profit, the YMCA seeks to provide a variety of opportunities for our local communities to live, grow and thrive.
The YMCA is looking for outstanding employees that possess positive, upbeat attitudes and perform by the core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
If you are committed to making a lasting difference in the lives of those around you, please view our current list of job openings below.
The Saratoga Regional YMCA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To download and print an application, please visit this link: Employment Application
Current openings are as follows:
Reporting to the CEO, and in harmony with the YMCA mission, and the established policies, goals and objectives of the Saratoga Regional YMCA, the HR Director is responsible for the overall development and implementation of HR policies via the HR Committee/Board Directors, legal compliance, employee benefits, compensation, employee relations, and employment practices & procedures for 500 employees in 5 locations. The HR Director will be responsible for partnering with employees, at all levels, to deliver proactive HR solutions to meet organizational needs, while fostering a climate of trust and commitment. The HR Director will work collaboratively with senior managers on strategic initiatives including: performance management, talent management, succession planning, employee engagement, recruitment and retention, learning and development and other employee programs.
- 5 year experience of human resources in a generalist role, plus at least 2 years managing an HR team.
- History of evaluating and implementing progressive HR programs and initiatives across multiple locations.
- Demonstrated background in performance management, change management and leadership development, including executive coaching.
- Experience creating strong partnerships with managers and the ability to influence without authority.
- Superb communication skills, the ability to simply translate Human Resources requirements and theories into practice.
- Expert understanding of Federal and State employment laws.
- Strong attention to detail and a proactive approach.
- Provide coaching and guidance to managers around all aspects of performance management including annual appraisals, goal setting, and compensation planning.
- Show an active understanding YMCA budgets and ability to provide swift and decisive action to manage the payroll.
- Manage compensation which is competitive and can attract and retain quality employees.
- Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees on employee relation issues while encouraging managers to overcome concerns and address performance issues directly.
- Partner with senior managers to ensure the most effective organizational structure is in place and that each employee has role clarity as the organization grows and changes.
- Ensure the organization complies with all Federal and NYS Employment Law.
- Lead organizational change management initiatives and support managers with employee communication.
- Liaise with senior managers, managers to ensure the organization is optimally staffed and support the interview process as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Human Resources certification (such as PHR or SPHR) preferred
Benefits include 70% paid individual/family insurance, generous paid time off, 12% qualified retirement and is in a fun, dynamic and rapidly growing environment.
Salary Range: $65,000.00 – $75,000.00
Apply by Email: email@example.com
Apply by Mail to: Andrew Bobbitt, 290 West Avenue, Saratoga Springs, NY, 12866-4205
Resumes Accepted Until 1/22/2018
No openings at this time.
Site Supervisors and Assistants: The Saratoga Regional YMCA’s After School Enrichment Program currently has openings for School Age Site Supervisors and Assistants. Positions will be based out of Corinth Elementary School. Candidates must be available Monday through Friday from 2:00 – 6:00 pm.
This role is responsible for supervising children in Kindergarten – 5th grade with homework assistance, structured activity, play, guidance and support. Care is also provided for half-days, early dismissal days and scheduled holidays from school.
Eligible candidates need to be self-motivated individuals willing to work as a team to provide a safe, enriching and rewarding environment for school age children. These positions REQUIRE prior child care experience. Training & Certification in First Aid and CPR will be provided by the Saratoga Regional YMCA.
This is a GREAT opportunity for retired teachers to continue working with school age children.
Contact: Alysse Kasowski, Executive Director, at 518.583.9697 ext.191 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Malta Fitness Center
No openings at this time.
Malta Childcare Center
Teacher’s Aide: Our NYS Licensed Malta Child Care Center is in need of a part-time Teacher’s Aides. This position is responsible to ensure a safe environment for all participants, build strong relationships with parents, work well with others, possess strong decision-making skills and be out-going and friendly. Prior childcare experience preferred.
Available Shifts Include:
- Monday-Friday, 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm, with availability to sub
- Monday-Friday, 7:30 am – 12:30 pm, with availability to sub
Contact: Danielle Brooks, Branch Director – Malta Childcare at email@example.com or 518-583-4342, ext. 181
Saratoga Springs Branch
Senior Healthy Living Director: The Saratoga Regional YMCA is seeking an energetic and motivated individual to join our team as Senior Healthy Living Director for our flagship location in Saratoga Springs. This is an exciting position that combines physical fitness, healthy living and overall wellness through programs and educational initiatives, while ensuring our staff are engaging members and participants to their full capacity.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Senior Healthy Living Director will primarily be responsible for the supervision and management of all facets of assigned total health and wellness programs, and will focus on the successful implementation and advancement of staff training, program innovation, including group fitness classes and personal training sessions, as well as medically-based initiatives and Y-USA signature programming, including LiveSTRONG at the Y.
Qualified applicants must be highly organized and detail-oriented individuals. Discretion, good judgment, personal motivation and the ability to work independently and collaboratively, while remaining highly flexible in a rapidly changing work environment are necessary for success in this role.
- Integrates a comprehensive health and wellness approach in all programs; and develops, implements and oversees Health and Wellness programs and initiatives that reflect the community’s needs.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs staff and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Completes relevant payroll-related tasks.
- Develops, manages and controls budgets related to the program. Ensures program operates within budget and that relevant program fees are collected.
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions, and incorporates core values into the daily operation of the fitness department.
- Assists with special events planning and delivery, including but not limited to Healthy Kids Day, and other Health & Wellness events throughout the association.
- Supports and assists in branch fundraising efforts as requested.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 4+ years’ experience instructing wellness-related programs.
- 3+ group fitness and personal training certifications or licenses.
- 2+ years’ supervisory experience with proven ability to direct total department operations through supervision of staff, development and monitoring of budget, program development and fundraising.
- Bachelor’s degree in exercise science, or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Experience with implementing and supporting Y-USA’s Living Our Cause initiative.
To apply for this position, please forward the following documents to Allison St. Pierre, Saratoga Springs Executive Director.
- Resume and cover letter
- Completed SRY employment application, available at srymca.org.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Applications will be reviewed as received, with the posting remaining active until the position has been filled.
Salary Range : $45,000-$50,000
We offer a competitive benefits package which includes a generous retirement plan, medical/dental/vision insurance, paid time off, family YMCA membership with discounted programs and childcare.
Contact: Allison St.Pierre, Executive Director at Allison.firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your application.
Wellness Coaches: The Saratoga Regional YMCA’s Saratoga Springs Branch is seeking motivated Wellness Coaches to assist members in achieving healthier habits through health & wellness by providing support, encouragement, and education.
Wellness Coaches are responsible to monitor the wellness center as fitness members use the equipment to ensure their general safety and equipment function; enforce member codes of conduct, rules and policies including, proper use of equipment and facilities. Engage all members via meet/greet/acknowledge/touching base conversations. Complete daily cleaning tasks. Build effective, authentic relationships with members; helps them connect with each other and the Y. Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of the YMCA and our three areas of focus: youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. Ability to articulate and model the Y’s four core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
Minimum age of 17 years old; Must be able to furnish working papers.
Current CPR PRO & First Aid certifications.
Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs.
All employees receive FREE SRYMCA Adult membership!
Contact: Charissa Sutliff, Health & Wellness Director at 518.583.9622 ext.119 or email@example.com
Custodian/Housekeeper: The Saratoga Springs Branch Maintenance Department is currently seeking Custodians and Housekeepers. These positions involve the upkeep of the locker rooms, facilities and grounds, parking lot and outside property, as well as general cleaning duties.
Candidates must be motivated, with a strong work ethic. Must be available nights and weekends–hours vary. Prior experience is preferred. Must be 18 years old.
Contact: Chris Schumacher, Custodial Supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-583-9622 ext.129.
School Age Supervisors and Assistants: The Saratoga Regional YMCA’s Before and After School Enrichment Program (B.A.S.E.) currently has openings for School Age Site Supervisors and Assistants. *please note: start date these positions is late August 2017.*
These positions involve supervising children in Kindergarten – 7th grade with homework assistance, structured activity, play, guidance and support. Care is also provided for half-days, early dismissal days and scheduled holidays from school. Eligible candidates need to be self-motivated individuals willing to work as a team to provide a safe, enriching and rewarding environment for school age children. Positions will be based out of Saratoga Springs City School District, Ballston Spa Central School District, as well as the Saratoga Regional YMCA’s facility.
Candidates must be available Monday through Friday from 6:45 – 9:15 am AND/OR 3:00 – 6:00 pm. These positions REQUIRE prior child care experience. Training & Certification in First Aid and CPR will be provided by the Saratoga Regional YMCA.
This is a GREAT opportunity for retired teachers to continue working with school age children.
Contact: Patti Laudicina, School-Age/Scholarship Director at email@example.com or 518-583-9622, ext. 110 or Paige Minear, School-Age Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-583-9622, ext. 116.
Gymnastics Instructors: The Wilton Branch Gymnastics Department is currently seeking part-time Gymnastics Instructors to teach preschool and recreational gymnastics programs. Shifts open include: mornings, evenings and weekends.
Youth Gymnastics Program Instructors: The Instructors will be teaching vault, bars, beam, floor, and tumble track to students. There are openings in our preschool program ages 2-5, in our school age program ages 5-11, and in our teen program ages 12 and up.
The Program Instructor is responsible for developing and implementing lesson plans for 7 week sessions. Looking for instructors with ability to lead a group of 6-8 children, supervising all activities and instructing them on gymnastics techniques.
Must be a team player, and work to coordinate groups with other instructors. Qualified candidates must have knowledge of the sport and all events, as well as 1 year experience working with children. Must be 16 years of age.
Contact: Kim Hewitt, Gymnastics Director at 587.3000 ext.158 or email@example.com.
Member Service Representative: The Saratoga Regional YMCA’s Wilton Branch is seeking out-going, fun and friendly Member Service Representatives.
The Member Service Representative is responsible for providing excellent customer service to all members and program participants. This includes greeting members by name, scanning membership cards, registering members for programs, membership sales, and tours. Answering phones, appropriately fielding/answering questions and maintain an accurate cash drawer are also required for successful job completion.
Eligible candidates should possess excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills, be eager to provide help to members when needed, able to take initiative and problem solve, and be flexible with scheduling needs. Prior work experience in a customer oriented environment is preferred, as well as basic computer, database and office equipment skills.
Evening and weekend availability is a must.
Contact: Steve Clements, Member Service Supervisor at 587.3000 ext.153 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Custodian/Housekeeper: The Wilton Branch Maintenance Department is currently seeking full-time custodian and a part-time custodian/housekeeper. These positions involve the upkeep of the locker rooms, facilities and grounds, parking lot and outside property, as well as general cleaning duties.
Candidates must be motivated, with a strong work ethic. Schedule will include days, nights and weekends. Prior experience is preferred. Must be 18 years old.
Contact: John Sperry, Maintenance Supervisor at 587.3000 ext.154 or email@example.com.