We are partnering with Saratoga Hospital in order to efficiently share resources and provide services with an emphasis on a continuum of care that is convenient and high quality. There is a wonderful synergy between the Y and the Hospital’s mission to serve the health and wellness needs of our community.
The collaborative building will be the first of its kind in the area and one of only a dozen across the United States. It will allow us to partner with the hospital in order to create specialty programs. This will help to prevent and assist those with hypertension, diabetes, chronic diseases, as well as help patients who are recovering from an injury and/or surgery.
Having medical professionals and the YMCA in the same building will help ensure that more people follow through with the physical therapy or personal health care plans that are prescribed. This flow of patient care from doctor, to physical therapy, to long term rehabilitation, will be very effective and efficient and will also make people more comfortable with their medical treatment. Our facility will also provide a large variety of specialized wellness services. Together, with the hospital, we plan to offer Sports Injury Rehabilitation as well as an Athlete Conditioning Program for local high school athletes. These offerings will allow for performance based training’s to develop outside of our Malta branch walls and expand into our Wilton Branch Field House & Athletic Training Center (ATC) creating a great working relationship between our branches.
The two-story, 55,000 square foot joint facility, on 140 acres of land located at exit 12 of the Northway, will include 29,000 square feet of YMCA programming space with a 6,000 square foot shared atrium.
• Serve more than 3,000 Malta Y members; we currently serve 1,184 members
• Triple the amount of fitness classes offered
• Add transitional fitness space for continuum of care in partnership with Saratoga Hospital
• Add a community gathering space
• Expand childcare center with an indoor gross motor area and expanded enrollment
• Offer before and after school care for local families
• Add more strength and conditioning equipment
• Triple the size of our member drop-in KidzCare area
• Create a state of the art, age appropriate playground
• Include outdoor walking/running trails
• Increase scholarships and charitable giving